H1N1 and the ‘Common’ Flu
Well, the consequences of my drunken fiasco (albeit for a good cause) continue…I’ve been sick for the past week or so. Like any other common citizen, I immediately thought, “I have SWINE FLU!!!!” Well, let’s hope not. This whole (miserable) experience has prompted me to ask myself – what if I do have H1N1? So I did some digging and here are the symptoms of H1N1:
- Shortness of breath (dyspnea)
- Dry cough, runny nose or stuffy nose, scratchy throat and head congestion
- Body aches (myalgia)
- Fatigue or tiredness
- Sometimes diarrhea and vomiting
Well, that’s confusing because the above are all also the symptoms of the ‘Common Flu.’ It turns out the more serious symptoms of H1N1 are:
- Difficulty in breathing or shortness of breath
- Pain or pressure in the abdomen or chest
- Severe or persistent vomiting
- Sudden dizziness
The bottom line is that I don’t think the best thing to do is to rush to the emergency room screaming SWINE FLU at the top of my lungs. I’m sure that the docs are working overtime treating mild cases of influenza anyway. Oh well, my hot cup of apple cider vinegar and honey will have to suffice.
[tags]H1N1, swine flu, emergency room, common flu, feeling sick[/tags]
Apple Cider Vinegar is top brotha!