* ATTN: The most reliable and only way to be considered for this position is by applying online (see below for full details). Absolutely no phone calls.
Fast paced Online Yoga & Wellness company seeking part-time/full time administrative assistant to begin immediately for managing daily operations including; answering phones, customer service, shipping and product fulfillment, plus other online related research and maintenance tasks.
YogaHub.com embodies the meaning of "Revolving Around You" (our slogan) which is based on our mission to bring awareness to individuals worldwide by supporting them in their personal practice of yoga and health. We are committed to sharing our resources and promoting the practice of health and wellness through interaction with virtual communities. At present, we lead the field in online learning and host the annual Virtual World Yoga Conference which is now home to more than 100 teachers, speakers and industry leaders from around the globe.
We are looking for exceptional people to join us in our unusual approach to building the company: assemble a relatively small, tightly knit collective of extraordinarily talented individuals, while pursuing goals typically associated with large fortune 1000 enterprises. By keeping the company small, communication overhead costs are reduced, individual contributors can have greater ownership and input into decisions than is possible in traditionally-structured corporations.
We aim to establish a place of employment where creators can feel the joy of technological innovation, be aware of their mission to society, and work to their hearts' content. You should be ready to make YogaHub a primary focus in your life. Typically, we will be working together, eating together, and playing together, so we suggest you reside in the vicinity of Los Angeles near Silver Lake / Griffith Park.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about health with a vibrancy for life and all things yoga. If you love the wellness industry and have always had a desire to be involved in a way that afforded you an income to follow your passion. This position offers an amazing opportunity to be immersed within a creative, energetic and innovative environment.
You must possess a sense of humor, timely and punctual-nature, strong communicator, ability to follow direction, resourceful, detail oriented, self-starter, positive attitude, owns car and laptop. Additional skills should include someone who is organized, enthusiastic and motivated with excellent follow-through. Proficiency in social networking, viral distribution, new digital trends with an interest for marketing and pop-culture are a plus.
* Passion, compassion, honesty, patience and a deep care about a community and their experiences.
* A love of work as an end in itself, not just a means to an end
* Fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
* A general love for technology and learning new software and systems
* Renaissance person who can wear many hats
Job Activities & Responsibilities:
* Adapt and maintain an organized system of tracking, monitoring and prioritizing tasks and projects; follow up to ensure deadlines are met and deliverables are achieved.
* Monitor all incoming phone calls, emails and customer support tickets, taking appropriate action to deal with and follow up on any related tasks.
* Assist in receiving and tracking inventory, product duplication and assembly for online sales in addition to processing daily orders, including; picking, packing and shipping out merchandise.
* Perform heavy scheduling across multiple time zones with conference faculty.
* General office administration tasks including; processing mail, data entry, ordering office supplies, maintaining contact records, filing and office organization, plus the preparation of letters, reports, emails, presentations, spreadsheets and other documents.
Requirements & Qualifications:
* No less than 2 years of experience with at least some level of knowledge or background in performing the types of duties described above.
* Exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills including the ability to establish and maintain positive rapport with internal and external parties in person, over the phone and via email or live chat with a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
* Strong computer skills including established proficiency in MS Office and other common Internet web applications such as GoogleDocs. Candidate must be accustomed to making spreadsheets and managing internal databases through the use of importing/exporting .csv files.
* Solid organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to approach a situation from multiple directions, analyze the possible solutions and choose the best alternative all while working with a team on multiple projects with changing priorities yet still meet deadlines.
* Strong written communication skills including the ability to create professional documents and reports using accepted standards of English grammar and punctuation.
* Must be able to exude calm and grace under pressure and possess a positive attitude at all times whether among peers, customers or clients.
* Must be willing to work remotely from home when necessary with your own personal equipment (phone, computer, internet connection, etc.)
Generally Desirable (but not required): Generally Desirable (but not required):
* Obsessed with systems for personal work and productivity
* Multi-Lingual: English with any combination of Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Spanish, etc.
Software / Equipment Used:
Applicant must be either familiar with or willing to learn very quickly (including on their own time) the majority of these items. All standard word processing and office tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc., Google Calendar, Gmail and just about anything Google produces, Twitter, Facebook and everything else considered social networking, plus many more internal web apps and project management tools.
Typical equipment will include a multi-monitor computer workstation, cd/dvd duplication machine, USPS/Fedex metered mail, bar code scanners and of course a yoga mat.
Details & Compensation:
Applicant must be available to begin immediately upon acceptance. 3 month probationary period. Compensation depends on experience, however the starting wage is set between $8 − $10 per hour with incremental increases as performance improves possibly into monthly salary. Starting position will begin at 30 hours per week and increase to full time (plus possibly overtime) as we approach our busy season for the Virtual Conference. Estimated annual salary of between $16k - $20k. Two weeks on the job paid training included.
How to Apply:
* All applicants must be looking for long term work with the goal and interest of staying with our company for at least 2 to 3+ years.
* Spend time on our site to get to know who we are before submitting application.
* To begin your interview process, please fill out our applicant form here.
* We will contact you with further questions and/or make an appointment for a personal interview.
* Absolutely no phone calls.